Where We Started
BioTronics has a history stemming back to the 1980’s. Here’s a brief overview of our timeline with our parent company, UPMC:
- 1980: Centralized Shadyside Hospital, now UPMC Shadyside, clinical engineering services
- 1984: BioTronics Incorporated
- 1996: Added Perfusion services, now Procirca.
- 2001: Developed Mechanical Circulatory Support (MCS) services, now Procirca.
- 2005: Brought on Laser and Image Guided Surgery support services
- July 2012: Intra-operative neurological monitoring (IOM)
Click here for a video showcasing our areas of expertise.